Best tools to grow your business exponentially!
I am sure you have realized page speed is crucial for your blog growth. And fortunately, there are several ways to achieve better speed, one of them is too lazy load comments on the WordPress website.
So, you want to lazy load the comments on your WordPress blog posts?
Well, make sense, it’s a good idea to improve the page speed of any blog posts.
Should you Add Lazy Load WordPress Comments?
Probably you don’t have to go for it if your blog gets lesser comments. But, in the long run, as the website keeps on receiving a lot of comments. The page size increases. Hence effect in load time.
Not to say, faster websites rank well and directly considered in SEO boost. Moreover, quickly loaded pages are good for user experience as well. Hence, it becomes essential to lazy the comments as well along with the images.
Apart from this, as the mobile content consumption increased, it’s better to optimize the sites for slower bandwidth as well.
If those reasons are enough for you to decide and make your website optimal. Then, you should follow the tutorial.
A quick way to Lazy Load Native WordPress Comments
Let jump into without any further talks and make the comments lazy load comments see into action on your WordPress blog.
Steps to Add Lazy Loading Comments in WordPress
1. Quickly hop into, WP Dashboard >> Plugins >> Add New
2. Install a plugin called Lazy Load for Comments plugin.
3. Upon Installation, navigate Settings >> Discussion to make the settings changes for lazy load for comments plugin.
There will be three options to choose from, How you want to load the comments.
- On Scroll – If you choose On Scroll, that means, then comments will load only when a user scrolls down the comment section.
- On click – Choosing on-click will add a button, beneath the post section. And the comments will load only when the user clicks on the button. This will improve the page loading speed.
- No Lazy load – This option does nothing, means the comment section acts the same as it was. So this was not an option to elect for us. Though, I realized probably the developer included this option to check
Choosing any option OnScroll or OnClick will Speed up WordPress Comments, and boost the site speed dramatically.
Do You like the Concept of Lazy Load Comments?
I know this is one of the debate questions in the SEO industry. Whether to have a lazy load or not.
Lazy load comments trick has been used by many bloggers and news websites which receives a lot of comments on their blog posts.
And which is vital too from both SEO and User Experience, which goes pretty much hand in hand.